Not just mere facts of my life... :P

Pages

My Best Friend: Chapter 4

7

Posted by Zabi | Posted on 03:19

My Best Friend:

Click below for the previous chapters..

Intro
Chapter 2
Chapter 3


Chapter 4



“That gal, she is panni aka pranitha. She is……”

I took a moment’s pause. I just wanted to say, she was stupid too, but that didn’t come out of my mouth. Reason? There is this thing called conscience which acted on me, She was the most talented gal and was the actual topper of the class and was supposed to be the leader of the class but I got the job only because she gave it up. I don’t know the reason for her renunciation, but she must have regretted her renouncement after tasting my impulsive leadership skills.

I told raghav, “She is my biggest enemy in the class. She acts as if she is a leader to all gals, and always incites them to do only one thing, hating me. So I hate her back and so should you if you want to be my friend."

Well, well. There wouldn’t have been a person wilier than me in the class at that moment. I don’t know if panni ever incited other gals against me but I surely did incite other guys against her many a time and was doing exactly that, right at that moment.

Raghav asked me skeptically, “but Why? She looks O.K to me?”

Oh boy. She didn’t just look OK, She was awesome. She was so beautiful that whenever I think of her now that K.G rhyme plays in my head,

“Chubby cheeks, dimpled chin

Rosy lips, teeth within

Curly hair, very fair

Eyes are blue. lovely too.”

She had all those things except for the blue eyes which are of course no match for her beautiful, round & dark eyes, which havenin them, so deep a meaning that you’d like to get lost searching for it. She was one of those beautiful gals who came inches close to me only in terms of physical distance. but stayed miles away my heart. all because of my stupidity that I showed in various forms. Here it was pre-pubertal stupidity and lack of essential hormones that might have incited better feelings for her other than hatred. At that moment all i did was to hate her like most young guys do until they become a little mature to understand the worth of a beautiful gal.

I hollered at raghav, “What do you mean why ? Did I not make it clear to you? Do you want to be my friend or not?”

“Ohhh ..K. got it, my dear friend.”

“That’s what. So we are friends huh?”

“Sure.”

Well, that was my way of making friends. Any class mate can either be my friend or be tortured till he becomes my friend. Since raghav was smart he chose the first option.
I showed him a sign of my thumbs up which was customary in our school to show it to a person whom you want to be friends with. It seems he did not quite understand what it was about as he was new to the place. He just stared at it dumbly. I signaled him with my eyes towards my thumb.

Not quite understanding what I meant, he asked, “What?”

I asked, “Friends?”

He held my thumb tightly and said, “Yes, friends.”

Looking at this seenu, the dumb fella, started laughing with weird hissing noises and said, “The new guy doesn’t know how to make friends.”

Listening to this I replied to Raghav, “See, if u wanna be friends with me, you too have to show your thumb. In case if you don’t wanna be friends then you can show your little finger. But we become enemies then,which obviously is not good for you.”

(Don’t laugh. I know every one out there must have followed such stupid customs)

He showed his thumb and I showed mine and then we both shouted together,

“Friends.”

That’s how our friendship started.

……………………………………………………………………………………….

I was siting in home watching some stupid agriculural program on doordarshan that evening showing how to raise pigs. We did not have the cable connection as my parents thought T.V would spoil me as I watched all senseless programs on doordorshan and they were sure that I'd loose my sense If I had better programs to watch.

“What the hell was it that you did in school today? Without a tie, with out manners and all reckless while talking to me, your school principal, especially in front of those parents? How can I punish other students for school uniform and discipline when my own son doesn’t care about having them?

“Maaaa, did you forgot telling me that I am your student only in school, not here?. Please don’t talk about things that happened in school. Now get me that pudding you are desperately trying to cook from last ½ hr”

“OK. Fine then. Get yourself some nice bamboo canes tomorrow. I shall come to your class and will treat you exactly like one of my undisciplined students.”

To this I replied meekly and sweetly, “Sorry mamma, please don’t do that. I’ll be careful next time.”

“Careful? About what? Wearing a uniform or not getting caught?”

“Wearing a uniform, of course.”

(Big lie again)

My mom asked me, “How was that new kid in school?”

“He is good ma. We became friends already. I think he’ll do great.”

“I saw his old school report. He did very well there and he is an intelligent student. It seems there will be some tough competition among you, panni and that new boy for quarterly exams next month.”

I got a little disappointed fearing that there can be a trouble to my leadership from Raghav. But I solaced my self, bearing in mind the fact that he has to catch up at least 2 months of syllabus,he has missed. I can respite my foxy skills confidently and can be nice to him for a while, until he was actually proven a threat.

I heard some vibrations coming very far away from down the street. I looked at the watch. It was not the time yet. I felt, may be it’s not exactly what I m thinking. My sister, who was cheerfully playing outside till then, came rushing in with a terror stricken face. She tried to speak something but she was running short of breath. She mumbled something.

I shouted loudly, “What?”

She was breathing heavily and couldn’t answer.

“Is he coming?”

She started moving her head up and down, unable to speak.

The instant I understood her,

“My Heart came out of my mouth.”

(to be continued..)



Comments (7)

you're an amazing writer. The chapters are quite big for a blog though but still am able to read all the four chapters. Are you planning to write a book or something? It would be a nice Idea. Keep writing. Looking forward for the continuation.

Hiiii Zab, Awesom story telling yaar. I'm havin gr8 time reading UR story. D way u r describing gals, making me go back 2our Engg days. U used 2comment on most of d gals, giving ur score on 10. hehe.. Keep posting..

I saw your blog after suggesting by businessvartha.blogspot.com Excellent blog, nice post. I love this and so proud to vote for this beautiful blog. I VOTED FOR YOU, I recommend your blog to other friends also. They too Voting for this blog. I hope you will grace me with your precious Vote. Just copy this link to your browser
http://bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/70216

hmmm... so, who was there? youre father? :D

hey zabi,

u made me go back to my old school days memories..waiting for more to cum!!!

keep writing...

You possess amazing skills of story-telling...always keeping the suspense alive...
looking forward to the rest of it :)

Funny it is.....Read this and you will find a school love-story....ain't it? Still nice writing....I will look fwd for 5th chapter.....

Post a Comment