Posted by Zabi | Posted on 05:02
Note: Read the chapter 1 below, to get a lead of the story.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2
I asked my sister,” What the hell has happened to him? The last time I saw him, he used to be an urbane young guy.”
“Don’t you know what has happened? And when exactly did he was an urbane young guy to you?”
“I ran into him once not very long ago.”
“And when exactly is that?”
I tried to recall when exactly did that happened. I remembered that it was almost a decade ago. I felt really awful at this realization that I never met him even once all this while and completely snubbed him.
I answered,” Guess, a decade back.”
“What? Did you not used to boast him around as your best friend in the school? And this is how you treat your best friend? How lucky he is, to be your “best” friend.”
“Stop pulling my leg. Tell me if you know anything about him or else I’ll gather the information myself.”
“Yeah yeah. Leg pulling, seems like I got no better work to do. Anyways about your friend, he is in a mess now. Recently got released from police station I guess. He was jailed for a month.”
“What? He went to jail? What the hell did he do?”
“I heard a lot of rumors, but according to a local news paper report, that got published recently, he is the kingpin of the piracy racket that is spread across all the neighboring villages.”
“Oh My God. He has gotten into illegal stuff now.”
our car started shaking abruptly.
“WATCH THE ROAD YOU MORON!! That is a tree and this is the road. watch where you are going.”
“Oops. Sorry...”
“I think, I said I wanted to go to my friend’s house not a hospital and get me there safely alright...”
“Oh sure; your safety is my priority dear. Btw what kind of a piracy racket was he involved into? “
“Shut up and drive. I know you are bad at multitasking. Try to socialize a bit with your old friends that you have forgotten and gather all that information. All that you do when you come home is eat, sleep and stick to that idiot box. Now don’t talk until we reach the town”
“I just wanted to,,,,”
“Shut up.”
“But..”
Umm..
I finally shut my mouth up and drove her to her friend’s house. I dropped her there.
She said,” I’ll take an hour. I’ll call you once I am done. Don’t go too far a place where no mobile network can track you. Also you know how much of petrol our car guzzles. Dontcha? So stay close.”
“Yes Madam. Anything else?”
“Nope. Bye now.”
After dropping her I waited there for a few minutes mulling over where I should go. There are a few friends of mine in that town whom I can meet, but it seemed like a bad idea since there are those who will either be too interested to spend more than an hour or too uninterested to tolerate me for an hour. I thought of going to a place in the outskirts of the town which has a pond with a beautiful lake shore. Hoping it would still be beautiful, I drove my car past the town.
Luckily the place has kept its beauty somehow. I gathered a few stones and sat on a rock, and started throwing those stones, one by one, in to the pond. The solitude and serene atmosphere provided impetus to my nostalgic thoughts that were waiting for this solemn moment. It was perfect time for some retrospection.
.................................................................
“Zabi!!” Aya shouted in the middle of the school.
One of the teachers responded, “Don’t thunder the entire school. He is in 6th class”
She came to my class room, “Zabi, Principal is calling you. Come to the office with me.”
“What for?”
“A new kid has joined your class. You should accompany him today.”
I went towards the office room. I saw a kid and his parents standing outside the office room. I looked particularly at him. One feature of his I couldn’t miss noticing..
His remarkable brown eyes….
(to be continued..)
P.S : Read the chapter 3 below for continuation.
Chapter 3


grrr, u are a remarkable story writer, but that doesnt mean u should always keep us in suspense.. :(
...........waiting......
ha ha, i dont mean to keep u suspense dear. I just stopped when I had that writer's block. btw Thanks for following my story.
ur stories are nice, and the fact that they are true makes it more interesting :D
Fabulous writer you are....going to read all the chap in one sitting.....keep posting....